Monday, June 25, 2012

What’s Your Passion?


For the past couple months I’ve been doing a lot of searching. I’ve been asking myself, “What the heck am I passionate about?

For some people it’s obvious to them and to us what their passion is. Their social updates are 90% focused on one or two things and they become your personal guru on those subject matters. Then there are those of us who like a whole bunch of things but can’t seem to really focus on one or two things in particular.

Well, the problem with liking a bunch of things is that you never get really good at any of them or can’t focus long enough to finish something. Fortunately for me I have been in the tech world for a long time and have released a lot of projects so I know that I’m really good at that. But now, I want to take that valuable skillset and apply it to something that I am completely and wholeheartedly passionate about.

I have felt passion for things in the past, but for the past year I’ve been so overwhelmed with so many ideas that I like, that I’m not sure if I’m in love with any of them. I’ve asked friends to tell me what they think of when they think of me, in hopes that someone would just come up with the answer.
Courtesy of Google Images
 
The challenge for myself to figure out, hopefully sooner than later:
            “What the heck am I passionate about?”

While I’m digging up every part of me to find my real passion, you should ask yourself the same question. Weather you figure that here at MPTC or in a hobby, everyone should be passionate about something!

Moraine Park has a variety of majors, clubs, and career opportunities that you can get involved in to help find your passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment