Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We All Have A Lot To Offer-

Courtesy of Google Images

I know I talk about Interactive Media Design in most of my blogs, but hey, I love it and I know you will too. I’m going to graduate with talents in web design, print design, video and audio editing, etc. I’ll be able to photograph beautifully and create compelling pieces. And all of that is so important in a messy economy like ours.

But sometimes, it doesn’t feel like enough.

When my fellow students spend long nights hitting the books, I will spend the night illuminated by a screen.

I won’t always get credit for that effort. Sometimes, I’ll get a break and it will feel like a crime. Sitting at home watching TV on a weeknight or going out to have fun with some friends.

If you’re in the same situation as me, don’t let anyone tell you you haven’t worked hard. That you’re just creating art. JUST creating art. Not contributing much to society really except giving entertainers bigger egos and helping corporations deceive consumers.

I’m doing so much more. I can do whatever I want with this degree. Media, art, and design grab the viewers’ attention and command someone to listen. Don’t forget what kind of magic wand is being taped to your palm the minute you learn the entire Adobe Master Collection. The second I develop a mobile application to make those naysayers order take-out at the office when they’re too busy to sit down to dinner with their families.

Design students are changing lives. Already, even before we receive that degree. Use your power.

I hope anyone who is interested in being creative will look into all of the arts programs offered here at MPTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment