Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dear Interactive Media Design


Before starting Interactive Media Design, my knowledge of the program was limited. I came into this with an open mind, hoping that what I had to offer was enough. That I wouldn't be sitting in the back of a room struggling through my classes, because of my lack of experience with drawing and Adobe software. Anyone who knows me will tell you I can be hard on myself and still need to work on, “tooting my own horn.” Well, this was one of those times.
Courtesy of Google Images
Interactive Media Design turned out to be everything I didn’t expect it to be. It turned out to be one the best things I’ve ever put my heart into.

My main interests:
·      Photoshop – My love for taking pictures was put on a whole new level.
·      Animation – Putting life to your drawings is probably the coolest thing ever.
·      Video/Sound Editing – I think I might make this my career. Maybe.

I go to school and do homework and don’t think of it as work. Going to school may be a chore for some, but for me it’s a time to let go of daily struggles and have fun! I have met so many great people and made some of the most amazing friends. I would take a summer full of classes if I could. It's sad to think that this time next year it will all come to an end. 
  
If you love to sit at a desk for hours in a room filled with people you don’t know, read a million pages in a text book, and cram for exams, this program is NOT for you.

If you would love to be in a classroom filled with endless imagination, interact with classmates, and share ideas, this program will be a perfect match for you and your creativity.

 
Video I created. An interview with a few of my classmates. 
“The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” — Alan Alda

No comments:

Post a Comment