Monday, July 9, 2012

Picking a class that’s right for you-


Fall classes will be starting soon and there are a few classroom environments you’ll be able to pick from with some of your classes. Most colleges offer classes in a classroom or online, but telepresence was new for me when I came to Moraine Park.  

Taking a coarse in at a classroom at MPTC you’ll find very few students and hands on activities. The friendly environment helps you open up to others and look forward to going back each week.

This is my favorite form of class offered. I think I learn more by interacting with other students and sharing ideas to make sure we all get the most out of the class.

Online classes are very fast paced and more advanced. The instructors are very responsive to any difficulties you are having with an assignment or deadlines. You have to be on top of getting your work handed in on time, but you also have the freedom of not having to go to class at a certain time each day.

I’ve never taken an online class at MPTC, but I have friends that have and really enjoyed their experience! They were very pleased with how well the teacher worked with them even though they didn’t see the instructor one-on-one. 

Courtesy of Google Images
Telepresence is a neat way to teach a class. This is where you are in a small room with television screens in front of you and you can see other students from different campuses also taking that course. You use microphones located between each seat so that all the campuses can hear each other.

The summer class I’m taking is the first experience I’ve had with telepresence. I don’t mind it, because I have the teacher always located at my campus. It would be interesting to see what my other classmates in the other two locations think about this way of teaching!

I hope this helps all new students coming to Moraine Park! If you have any more questions you can always e-mail, call, or visit our website!

No comments:

Post a Comment